Re: VHF antennas

Mark Barter

I think I am suffering from analysis paralysis. I have read that LMR-400 is superior to RG8-X especially where the cable run is over 20m but I am worried that LMR-400 maybe too thick to run down the mast. Once at the bottom of the mast I don't see any problem and I am not worried about the bend radius of either coax.

I have noted however that Scott seems to be more than happy with the results after using RG8-X so maybe LMR-400 is just overkill. Like I say, I maybe overthinking this. It is 6am and I have thought of little else since I woke at 5.

Has anyone successfully run LMR-400 down the mast of a Super Maramu to the nav station?

--
Mark & Nicky Barter
S/V Nunky