Re: Rigging and Terminals

Mark is correct about using ACMO's Stainless Steel Turnbuckles with Bronze inserts.

The reason that chrome-plated bronze is not desirable anymore is that the EPA in Europe and the USA has restricted the chrome-plating process and chemicals that were previously used are outlawed. This has made anything that is chrome-plated less desirable, especially in a marine environment. The same thing applies to chrome-plated bronze winches, etc.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 12:26 AM Mark Barter <markbarter100@...> wrote:
If going for ACMO, which I would do, just make sure you go with stainless for the body. The bronze ones tarnish quickly and can't be satisfactorily polished.

ACMO's customer service is excellent. I am sure they will be able to advise you if you are at all unsure.

--
Mark & Nicky Barter
S/V Nunky