Re: Inverter replacement

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Nick et al. I agree with you. I was considering a move from my SM to a 54. I would never never consider one with the sort of complexity many 54 owners are installing. These are boats, not luxury condos. You don't take a condo to remote locations nor cross oceans in one. The condo will never experience the harsh marine environment attacking its electrical connections and electronic systems.

But then I am a sailor through and through, I guess there must be others out there too.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 28 June 2021 at 05:54 "ngtnewington Newington via groups.io" <ngtnewington@...> wrote:

The one thing to keep in mind is that one day you will sell the boat. The systems need to be idiot proof and understandable to a lay person….I am not saying yours is not.
It is all very well having complex energy systems, lithium batteries etc etc but most boat owners need something simple and operable.

Nick
Feeling the heat in Samos

On 27 Jun 2021, at 17:26, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi Nick;

We will currently be using the inverter/charger as an inverter only and keep the balance of systems and chargers as they are. We will not be connecting an AC source to the invert/charger, yet. I looked for the Amel schematics of the inverter/shore power/generator selector switch and found it in the original Amel schematics supplied with the Boat.

It appears that there is a selector switch between the shore power and the generator for the AC panel, except the 220V and the microwave breakers. The power for these goes through another selector switch that selects the power source from the selector output of the generator/shore power switch and the inverter. If there is power coming in from either the generator or shore power, then the inverter is disconnected.

Respectfully;

Mohammad Shirloo
+1-323-633-2222 Cell
+1-424-644-0908 Fax