From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Arno Luijten via groups.io <arno.luijten@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2021 9:30:57 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Inverter replacement

Hi Mohammad,

I have altered the 230V switch panel so now all groups are supplied by the inverter. It does mean you need to think about the things you switch on simultaneously but with the original solution that was the case as well. As I replaced the A/C units with inverter units they do not suffer from huge startup currents anymore, also they use less power..
Two groups are excluded from the inverter, as you can guess, both battery chargers are exempt.
The 40A charger can be used only if there is shore or generator power. Activating the 100A charger (when connected to shore power) will cause the Mass Combi to be disconnected from the shore power and start inverting. This is effectively the 60Hz to 50Hz conversion. So now we can run the clothes-washer in Saint Martin without using the generator.

Enclosed is the Schematic Diagram of the 230V side and a picture that shows the new circuit breaker for the Combi Mass.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121