Re: Windlass ans BT batteries

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Hello,

The Santorin may be different but the BT and windlass motors on our Super Maramu are 24V while engine start is 12V.

Is your set up like this or is everything 12V?

We have a 24V alternator (in addition to the 12V alternator) that provides charging to the service batteries while engine is running. Maybe this is your best option? The lithiums will have more capacity and do a better job of supplying the high power required for BT and windlass compared to a lead acid anyway - if that's what your start battery is.

Cheers,
Mike Longer
SV Trilogy SM23
New Zealand

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021, 1:54 AM Loïc TAUZIN <loictaz340@...> wrote:
I change my service batteries with lithium.
But the BT and the windlass are connected on these batteries.
I want to connect on the motor battery Park, but how can I do that ?
Thanks

Loïc

Santorin sloop N°35.