Re: #attackedbywhales #newboat WE SOLD THE BOAT! Now what??? Sailing Ocean F... #attackedbywhales #newboat

Paul Harries

Surely one serious safety concern is enough to get a serious prospective  buyer really concerned.
Rudder failure rates of 1% are mentioned in ARC rallues, dont know if this is correct or not.
The 50 looks superb, however a mid ocean rudder failure for my wife and I would really spoil our day.
Amel clearly know their primary sales market, for sailing in the Med an A50 would in my book be perfect. Mid pacific or in Indian ocean.....

https://oceansailormagazine.com/whats-wrong-with-spade-rudders/
--
Paul Harries
Prospective Amel Buyer