Re: #attackedbywhales #newboat WE SOLD THE BOAT! Now what??? Sailing Ocean F... #attackedbywhales #newboat

Aldo Roldan

This is all great news for the wallet of present owners of Amel ketches:  if Amel has, by statement of its officers,  indirectly endorsed the ketches as THE blue water, ocean-crossing vessel, which they no longer manufacture, stand to reason that they will become increasingly sought after by the crowd that wants just that: world cruising.  With more sailors falling into the current demographics of the world cruiser, as the world ages, Amel ketches will become a priceless gem!

AldoR
SV Araucaria 
Amel55 hull 36

ps.  No, I am not entertaining offers to sell mine.  I will hold onto it for as long as I can!

On Jun 30, 2021, at 8:59 AM, Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32@...> wrote:

It appears as though the rudders sprang open like a clam shell,as if there was tension , when released they assumed their natural position. What would be the reason for not adding layers of fiberglass in addition to the glue, to bond the rudder halves together, making them more robust. Are the rudders on the SM not  fiber glassed together ? 
Pat
SM Shenanigans
Sassafras River, Md.

-----Original Message-----
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jun 30, 2021 6:07 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] #attackedbywhales #newboat WE SOLD THE BOAT! Now what??? Sailing Ocean F...

Is the rudder on the 55 the same as the 50? 2 shells glued together?

Thanks
Billy (55#56)

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.