Re: Improved 24v alternator pulleys and turbo heat shield

Scott SV Tengah

Thanks Nick. You find that it works as well (if not better) than the original?

I recall the service manual saying that it's imperative that the heat shield protects the oil feed and return pipes from the hot side of the turbo.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 2:35 AM ngtnewington Newington via groups.io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Scott,
I got it on eBay

On 29 Jun 2021, at 23:30, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

Nick,

Can you provide more info about the heat shield? My turbo heat shield is destroyed, too.

I presume that since the D3's Garrett turbo is used on cars, you can find a non-marine one for less than the 500 euros that Volvo Penta wants for theirs!

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69

--