Re: fuel additives & tank cleaning

Geo Uhrich

Hello Amel Owners,

For my last two boats I have installed RCI Fuel Purification units in my boats. They are installed before the Racor filters and use centrifugal force to clean the fuel. Dirty fuel drops to the holding area in the bottom and is removed with a purging valve. I also use the optional alarm which alerts you that the holding area is full.

 In my current boat, I also added a bypass system with a pump so that I can purify my fuel on board.

I have never had a problem with dirty fuel and I highly recommend this system for trouble free motoring.

If anyone is interested in finding out more just email me back. I am not affiliated with this company in any way.  However, I will not own a boat without it.

Geo

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 2:32 PM Joerg Esdorn via groups.io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

John, in my experience you will need to be flexible on what fuel additive to use.  The brands available in local shops vary wildly.  Having said that, I’ve seen the Starbrite additive in more places than other brands so I would get a good supply of that one.

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem
on the way to Gibraltar