Re: fuel additives & tank cleaning

Scott SV Tengah

On the A54, inspecting the tank couldn't be easier. There are two circular ports on the top of the tank. Remove them and you can see right to the bottom. Mine was pristine, almost looked brand new.

After so many stories of failed D3-110 motors, many related to fuel, I religiously filter ALL of my fuel and add BioBor. I used to use the Baja filter but it's slow - we spent 2-3 hours filling up in Colombia.

Now I use a big Mr. Funnel and I believe Practical Sailor did a test and found that it works just as well, if not better.

--
ScottĀ
2007 A54 #69