locked Re: Amel Yacht Owners Group

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

I also agree with Ken,

Feedback is important both positive and where a company/contractor may learn. It’s ok to put this feedback out on personal blogs, YouTube etc but not ok to provide the information on the Amel forum.  I’m sure that Amel owners coming to Turkey would appreciate how I have been treated by several so called reliable/recommended Amel group contractors here in Turkey costing months of time, expense and total unprofessional. This information I see is vital to our forum members. Those recommended companies that know that only positive comments can be made about them in the forum does not assist in Amel owners knowing the true picture and keep those companies honest to provide our group with the best service that we should expect.

As COVID bites around the world and economies are hurting, people that may have been reliable in the past may not be so reliable now. I believe that most of the time it is not mistakes that have been made by Amel owners, it is mistakes being made by so called professionals working on our yachts.

Maybe as a member we can advise Amel group members to contact us personally through the forum if they wish to be advised of certain unsatisfactory performance and what to be aware of.

Otherwise we will be forced to find other methods to publish this information because it is important that we share this information amounts to our members. Buyer beware.

I can’t help that not being able to provide open feedback benefits a few, but not many.

Regards
Ross Hickey
SV Intrepid Kiwi
SM2K #356

On Sunday, July 4, 2021, 12:38 pm, Davi Rozgonyi <davi.rozgonyi@...> wrote:

Let me preface by saying, of course, massive thanks to Bill for the incredible work that he does to run this forum and promote Amel in general.

I gotta say I agree with Ken. One of the (if not THE) best thing about a group like this is to exchange information. So we learn from others' mistakes rather than make them ourselves first, if possible. As long as critiques and reports of poor service are kept in a "gentlemanly" manner, a fair accounting of the negative experience, I would like to read it to avoid the problem if I can, rather than experiencing the problem for myself. Or at least go into the situation with caution. I fail to see how this conflicts with us Amel owners helping each other, nor how it is not simply putting the owners interests first (as an owners' group should do).