Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Notebooks on board for SM electrical wir eing

Krassopoulos Dimitris <dkra@...>

The Amel Laptop option is a wooden tray above the chart table. This tray can
be pushed back in order to hide completely the laptop or pulled forward and
secured. Under the tray is a lamp in order to light the charts. On the tray
is a plate of wood on which you fasten your laptop. This plate can be also
secured by a screw from under the tray and it permits you to rotate and pull
forward the laptop in order to have a better position of the screen. If you
want I can send you a photo of the arrangement. It is simple but very
useful. On the wooden plate I have fastened a replicator port of my laptop
so I just place the laptop on this port and the GPS interface and the power
supply are automatically plugged to the laptop through the port( very easy
and fool proof). I believe that the car power supply (12V) to the laptops
are damaging the internal laptop batteries so I prefer the 220 V charger
through a heavy duty sine inverter who is also supplying the TV set.

In case you need more information, I will be glad to send . I will try to
put some pictures also in my web site.

Dimitris Krassopoulos
S/Y Alma Libre
www.almalibre.gr <http://www.almalibre.gr>