Re: Air Conditioning issues

Peter de Groot

John,

The photo sent by Bill (of the charred pump motor windings) looks like the one I sent him from SM#207.  I also experienced intermittent problems prior to the complete failure of the pump.  My episode confused me because the pump would work when powered by the generator but not from the North American shore power. ( In hindsight it makes complete sense)  What I learned from my episode is that I could have saved a lot of time and frustration by checking to resistance of the motor winding leads to ground.

Good Luck

Peter de Groot

La Querida SM#207