locked Re: Amel Yacht Owners Group

One last thought that may help everyone with an unsatisfactory situation. Many of you may not know that a company I owned in 1995 invented the Online Dispute Resolution and Praise processes that are used today, in part, by Google, Amazon, PayPal, Yelp, and others. I am intimately familiar with these situations.

There are companies such as Yelp and Google that are better equipped than our group to handle Complaints or Praise. I urge you to use those.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 12:33 PM Porter McRoberts via groups.io <portermcroberts=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Ken.

Just so we’re clear: Bill Rouse receives no financial remuneration from vendor recommendations.

The fact that he picks up the phone when I call him at odd hours from all over the world, takes the enormous amount of time to respond to me and others, and fights for Amel owners all without any financial gain other than the small retainer I sent him years ago sets him quite apart from most in the industry.

I see him as about non-biased, yet enthusiastic as a person can get.

Like you, I think honest reports are invaluable, and especially when coupled with emotionless facts. “Non-endorsements” are valuable, and perhaps more so than endorsements, but of course without the drivel that clouds the scenario. To that end, Bill does a remarkable job of keeping this forum right on track.  (go visit a Leopard forum for example, it’s like the Wild West.)

To be clear: He owns the forum because he foots the bill. Someone has to.

Bill’s remarkable “product” is his fealty to solid information, and that only. He’s never sold sailors to vendors.

Hope to share a beer with you someday, you’re a bit ahead of us geographically. Until then, cheers.

Porter McRoberts
S/V IBIS A54-152
WhatsApp:+1 754 265 2206

On Jul 5, 2021, at 4:37 AM, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

Ken,
Absolutely agree with you, booth good nd bad experiences are valuable to communicate.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259 on route to Porto Santo, Madeira