Re: #attackedbywhales #newboat WE SOLD THE BOAT! Now what??? Sailing Ocean F... #attackedbywhales #newboat

Stefan Jeukendrup

Warning:

Yesterday on the 100m line between Barbate and de strait of Gibraltar we where targeted by 3 orcas and a young.

We spoke to another couple in Gibraltar that just experienced the same, they came from the Azores.

The group orcas entertained us for 2 hours by pushing the boat around in circles and at the same time they bit off the lower section of the rudder.

Rudder is still functional but anodes and the surounding fiberglass are gone.

Does anyone know wether it is possible to remove the rudder of a Supermaramu 2000 in the water?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Stefan Jeukendrup

SM2k #345 @Cabo Vincente Portugal