Re: #attackedbywhales #newboat WE SOLD THE BOAT! Now what??? Sailing Ocean F... #attackedbywhales #newboat

Ann-Sofie, S/Y Lady Annila

I would recomend you to turn around and go back to Portimao, there is a lifting possibilities and good crafts men that can help you.
We have spent the last 4 winters on Rosa Cabral e Soares yard and we have contacts that can help you with the repair.

Let me know if you want further info.

Regards
Ann-Sofie & Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila
SM232, 1998
Present in La Linea, Spain.

Skickat från min iPhone

05/07/2021 kl. 17:14 skrev Stefan Jeukendrup <sjeukendrup@eegtech.com>:

Thanks for your answer,

Actually it was not frighting at all and we enjoyed this once in a lifetime close encounter.

The second hour we (= the orcas and the helmsman) "agreed" on a course of 280 and the group escorted us out of their territory.

I felt they where treating us gently and it is probably just one thart has the strange habit of biting off chunks of rudders....

Almost the same happened to the mentioned couple in Gibraltar.

All is good,

Stefan Jeukendrup

SM2k #348 @ currently at Cabo Vincente Portugal

Op 05-07-2021 om 15:59 schreef Justin Maguire:
This is. On the third Amel I know if that has had its rudders destroyed… WHAT THE HELL!?!!

I hope you are ok and we’re able to makekk no it to port safely. That sounds frightening… especially them “pushing the boat around”… 😳

Cheers,
-Justin
On Jul 5, 2021, at 10:50, Stefan Jeukendrup <sjeukendrup@eegtech.com> wrote:
Warning:

Yesterday on the 100m line between Barbate and de strait of Gibraltar we where targeted by 3 orcas and a young.

We spoke to another couple in Gibraltar that just experienced the same, they came from the Azores.

The group orcas entertained us for 2 hours by pushing the boat around in circles and at the same time they bit off the lower section of the rudder.

Rudder is still functional but anodes and the surounding fiberglass are gone.

Does anyone know wether it is possible to remove the rudder of a Supermaramu 2000 in the water?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Stefan Jeukendrup

SM2k #345 @Cabo Vincente Portugal