Re: Bow thruster does not work in one direction

william reynolds

The first line of checking for bow thruster problems should be the connections at the back of the control switches at the helm. There are numerous push on connectors that are prone to corrosion. Note that the water run-off from the upper helm area dumps on the port side right on to the bow thruster switches..Most of  my problems with my bow thruster were solved by removing all the push on connectors, cleaning both sides to shiny metal, reconnect and spray with T-9  or CRC  (not WD-40) . Then check for voltage coming out of each switch. There may be other problems down the line but this will eliminate problems with activation.
Bill Reynolds
Cloudstreet SM2K 331