Re: Self introduction and question about autopilot redundancy and solo sailing

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Unpleasant but possible.

Not suggesting it as a choice but it can be done. Careful sail trim using skills we have forgotten or perhaps never known can make it a lot easier.

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 08 July 2021 at 21:04 "Stéphane Meyer via groups.io" <fredolo@...> wrote:

How is it humanly possible to manually steer a boat for 15 or 20 days if you're on your own and for exemple having to deal with a complete electrical failure ?
I'd like a fail operational system, like a wind vane system but I've heard this is not achievable on a SM/SN is thceat true ?