From: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Randall Walker <sailingalbedo@...>
Date: Friday, July 9, 2021 at 10:32 AM
To: <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow thruster does not work in one direction

Hello Mohammed, Doug, Thomas and Bill

I have just began the task of fixing my one way bow thruster, port works fine. The topic has come up many times and I had just filed the knowledge, knowing sooner or later I would need it. Well it is now later for me.

The first thing I know. This is not the first time for my 54 as I have a troubleshooting guide in with the owners manual from the previous owner. I have seen the pictures from Mohammed and the ones in the guide. My unit looked different from the one pictured disassembled, but is in fact a Sleipner/Sidepower unit made by Albright. They are similar but slightly different also I found my unit on the Vetus website.

Thanks to the legwork of group I will now remove and take apart my solenoid and hopefully I can repair and use it again. I can have one shipped into Grenada but hope this will work. I will Order one for the spares collection.

First I believed it was the relay but did more checking after the latest round of bow thruster talk. So I jumped the negative to the grey wire and the port direction was fine, but when jumping the blue nothing starboard happened.

I will take pictures of my unit disassembled. The inside should be similar. The two units below are the two deferent units my unit has 4 top studs also included is the part tag on my unit. The 3 stud unit I believe is the one in your manual and disassembled unit from Mohammed.

Randall

SV ALBEDO

A54#56

Grenada

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 02:21 Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hello Thomas;

Doug informed me that he remembered seeing a post from you in this regard and Bill managed to locate and forward it. Your write up was also helpful.

Bill is great at “soaking in” the knowledge from the group, organizing and accessing it when needed. A great resource for all Amel owners.

Respectfully;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099