Re: AC pump form Super Maramu

Ian Townsend

For what it’s worth, our March pump is going on four years, powering 3x10K BTU AC units in series.

Ian & Margaret
Loca Lola II
SM153

On Jul 11, 2021, at 1:00 AM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Our Clapeda AC pump finally bit the dust. Some time ago it was suggested that the March AC-5C-MD 230 volt was a good substitute.

I do have that one on board. However, it has open windings, it has a lower output than the Calpeda and is not as robust.

I will install it temporarily.

Are there any other substitutes that are a little friendlier to salt water and are a better pump than the March.

I did find a Calpeda model BCM22/1/A-R. It will work but it is really overkill for this system.

Any other suggestions?

Does anyone know if Amel still stocks the original AMFA bilge pump? I am now working on my rebuilt spare, and I would like to have a spare or some other good bilge pump.

The AMFA pump is excellent pump and I even have found pieces of cable ties in it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Fair Winds,

Eric

SM 376 Kimberlite