From: Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jul 14, 2021 1:44 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Intermittent starting issue

Pat,

Here’s a thought. When the engine doesn’t crank, use a remote starter switch to bypass the panel. This connects to the solenoid on the starter (the small terminal marked “s” and the pos battery terminal – thick red cable). This will completely bypass the panel at the helm.

This will help isolate your issue. If the engine cranks, you’ll know the issue is in the panel or harness (probably a poor connection). If it doesn’t crank it is not the panel.

To anyone else reading this, this item should be in your spare parts. Some people will use and ruin a screwdriver to do the same thing but this is much safer.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
www.creampuff.us