From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of eric freedman <kimberlite@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 3:37:01 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] wheel removal

I am planning to take the wheel,  the  main furling gearbox, and the outhaul gearbox off of Kimberlite and have them powder coated . Then the wheel will have new leather installed. The Amel plate in the center of the wheel plate is not cooperating. I believe the plate is stainless and the wheel is aluminum , I think galvanic corrosion is my problem.

Beside removing the 2 screws from the Amel plate in the center of the wheel, is there some trick to remove the plate?.

Fair Winds,

Eric

Sm 376 Kimberlite