From: eric freedman <kimberlite@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jul 15, 2021 3:37 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] wheel removal

I am planning to take the wheel,  the  main furling gearbox, and the outhaul gearbox off of Kimberlite and have them powder coated . Then the wheel will have new leather installed. The Amel plate in the center of the wheel plate is not cooperating. I believe the plate is stainless and the wheel is aluminum , I think galvanic corrosion is my problem.
Beside removing the 2 screws from the Amel plate in the center of the wheel, is there some trick to remove the plate?.
Fair Winds,
Eric
Sm 376 Kimberlite