Re: Mastervolt Alpha High-Output Alternator Temperature when charging LiFePO4

Scott SV Tengah

I attached the Mastervolt BATTERY temperature sensor to the outer casing of the MV110 amp alternator and wired it to the Alpha Pro II alternator temperature sensor input. Mastervolt techs said this is ok. While this may not be inside, I also seem to remember that the MV software sets the cutoff temperature for the alternator MUCH higher than 115C.

I have had this setup for over 2 years with my lifepo4 setup and have definitely run it for 2-3+ hours at max output with no problems. Of course by saying that, my alternator will fail tomorrow. :)

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 2:24 AM Dominique Sery via groups.io <dominiquesery=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello Dean, the Mastervolt alternator temperature is 115° C after one one hour at 95 A and stay at 115°.

I put an alternator temperature sensor but it does not work very well because i put it
on B+ output where the temperature rise 60° C. I can’t put the sensor at the warmest point. I mesured the inside temperature at 115.

All mesures with a Fluke infrared thermometer.
Dominique

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69