From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Martin
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:35 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel] Downwind sailing with a 54

I would be interested to receive feedback from other 54 owners in
particular, and other Amel owners in general, as to your experience with
trade wind, downwind, sailing and what other sail plan options that you may
have tried.

Unlike earlier Amel yachts the 54 does not have the Amel twin headsail
option, relying on the genoa, a single bearing out pole and a light weight
(15kts max) genaker.

We are usually sailing with only the two of us aboard and our options are
limited in respect of spinakers and the like, given the problems and risks
involved in handling in rising winds.

Regards,
Martin Bevan
Caduceus - Amel 54 No 56 2007