From: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Date: Friday, July 16, 2021 at 2:43 PM
To: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification" <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] A/C fan speed

I believe that somewhere about mid-production of the A-54 the Climma Compact units changed from capacitor-controlled fan speed to a semiconductor-controlled fan speed. If you have the "before  semiconductor-controlled fan speed," I believe that you probably have one of the two PCBs below.

image.png
The "C1" in the middle can be 4.0 rather than 3.15
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 11:56 AM Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:

Not much help but if the fan keeps running at max speed it’s typically a semiconductor (MOS-FET, Power transistor, etc.) that has given up and acts like a full conductor. You could try to trace the circuit for the fan to see if you see a big transistor-like component. Often it will be attached to some cooling body.  Make sure the unit has no power.
Now you can measure across the connection points of the component. If you see zero ohm resistance across some of the points the component is suspect and has to be desoldered. Again measure the resistance across the contacts. If it again measures (close to) zero ohm chances are you found the problem.
I have not seen a proper schematic diagram for the Climma units.

Cheers,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121