Removing the center disk from the wheel.

Eric Freedman

Try as I might I could not remove the “Amel” disc from the center of the wheel.

I finally drilled a hole in the aluminum part of the wheel where it joins the disk. Using a #70 drill bit and with a small amount of force and a small titanium pin, the disk popped out . Mine is made of stainless and the corrosion was holding it in place.

Problem solved.

I will now send the wheel out to be powder coated and then to www.Boatleather.com

in California. They do not have the exact leather ; however it is close. They also have a different technique to add leather where the spokes join the wheel. However, my wheel was so sad looking int needed help.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376