Re: Removing the center disk from the wheel.

Mark Erdos

Eric,

I replaced my wheel cover and purchased the replacement leather cover from Amel. It is not hard to do, especially if you have the wheel off. Send Maud a pic of your wheel. It takes a couple of weeks for the leather guy to make it. They include the binding. The quality was much nicer than BoatLeather (I returned theirs).

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of eric freedman
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 12:55 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Removing the center disk from the wheel.

Try as I might I could not remove the “Amel” disc from the center of the wheel.

I finally drilled a hole in the aluminum part of the wheel where it joins the disk. Using a #70 drill bit and with a small amount of force and a small titanium pin, the disk popped out . Mine is made of stainless and the corrosion was holding it in place.

Problem solved.

I will now send the wheel out to be powder coated and then to www.Boatleather.com

in California. They do not have the exact leather ; however it is close. They also have a different technique to add leather where the spokes join the wheel. However, my wheel was so sad looking int needed help.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.