Re: Mold between cushion and chest freezer on 55

Arno Luijten

Try living in the tropics with your Amel. You will find this annoyance on daily basis.  We remove the cushion during the night to allow the moisture to evaporate.
There is a 40+ degree Celsius temperature gap between the outside and the inside of the freezer. The design and materials used are not able to prevent condensation of the moisture in the air at the rim and the top of the freezer-lid.
Solving this problem is a major undertaking as you need to improve the insulation of the lid big time.
By taking off the cushion during the night the problem becomes manageable. That is what I do and I know several other Amel owners do.

Cheers,
Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121