Re: In Mast Furling

Yes, I have owned both. Amel makes their own in-house-designed masts. Beneteau buys off-the-shelf masts from the lowest bidder. Amel designed its electric and manual furling system.

The SM didn't originally have battens and hopefully the one that you are buying does not have vertical battens. If it does, let me know.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021, 11:00 AM Eric Forster <eforster70@...> wrote:
currently looking at a 2004 SM 2000. The only other inmast furling that I have been on was in a Beneteau, do they use a different furlying system?