Re: Mold between cushion and chest freezer on 55

Arno Luijten

Quote:
 On Amelia there is a void built in to the bench, so the bottom cushion stays dry.”

Sorry but this is not valid in the tropics. Our lid is also “vented” but that makes very little difference. It still gets wet if you keep the cushion on all the time. As matter of experiment I filled the void with insulation material. That brought the duty cycle of the freezer down but the problem of condensation remained, it jus took a bit longer to get wet. The problem is that the cushion is filled with moist air from the environment and gets relatively cool on the freezer side. This makes the moist condensate like the outside of a glass of a cold beer.

The backrest cushion only gets wet if you use the countertop cavity as freezer. Used as fridge it is OK. It is all about temperature differential and humidity.

Cheers,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121