Re: Reinsert SM Bow Thruster after service

You also need to clean the rust from the bottom of the motor in the opening for the bow thruster tube, then use a lot of waterproof grease. This clip from my Amel Book may help you:
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 9:42 AM Eamonn Washington <eamonn.washington@...> wrote:
Hi Danny

that is a good tip to wriggle the propellor when trying to reconnect the 2 parts, I'll try it tomorrow.  I always had it well oiled, and greased the area where the 2 parts join, but I never greased into the lower part or spline.  I will also do that, as I see Nikimat also did it.  Hopefully tomorrow will be less frustrating.

Eamonm
Travel Bug
Super Maramu #151
Ireland