Re: Reinsert SM Bow Thruster after service

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Eamonm, do have the motor at half height too and make the wriggles of the propeller at least half turns to allow for the gearing.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 19 July 2021 at 02:42 Eamonn Washington <eamonn.washington@...> wrote:

Hi Danny

that is a good tip to wriggle the propellor when trying to reconnect the 2 parts, I'll try it tomorrow.  I always had it well oiled, and greased the area where the 2 parts join, but I never greased into the lower part or spline.  I will also do that, as I see Nikimat also did it.  Hopefully tomorrow will be less frustrating.

Eamonm
Travel Bug
Super Maramu #151
Ireland