Re: Holes in the watertight bulkhead

Bill Kinney

Eric,

As far as I know no stock Super Maramus ever had wire and plumbing penetrations through the watertight bulkheads in the places you describe when they left La Rochelle.

Holes drilled through the watertight bulkheads are by far the most common modification I have seen to Super Maramus that compromise the intent of Amel's design for these boats. It is usually done as part of modifications made by people who do not understand or appreciate the importance of the integrity of these bulkheads to the design of the boat.  Of course holes can be drilled and then sealed, but it is usually easier/better to just use the existing wire chases.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Brunswick, GA