Re: Holes in the watertight bulkhead

eric freedman

I purchased Kimberlite new at the factory.

On the starboard side under the pullout bunk at the bulkhead there is an open conduit that made it easy to

pull cable through the bulkhead that we used for 110 volts. It is under the carpet.

On the port side at the hull level there are some hoses that also go through the bulkhead. I assume it to for hot and cold-water lines.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Bill Kinney
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 10:48 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Holes in the watertight bulkhead

Eric,

As far as I know no stock Super Maramus ever had wire and plumbing penetrations through the watertight bulkheads in the places you describe when they left La Rochelle.  

Holes drilled through the watertight bulkheads are by far the most common modification I have seen to Super Maramus that compromise the intent of Amel's design for these boats. It is usually done as part of modifications made by people who do not understand or appreciate the importance of the integrity of these bulkheads to the design of the boat.  Of course holes can be drilled and then sealed, but it is usually easier/better to just use the existing wire chases. 

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Brunswick, GA

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.