From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 9:40 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Holes in the watertight bulkhead

Our vessel, a 1990 SM#23, has domestic water lines running through the bulkhead where Eric describes (outboard, portside, along the hull, near the waterline). They look original and are glassed in, which means they should be sealed. Makes me wonder what headaches will come when they fail and need replacing. Same story going aft - domestic water lines penetrate the bulkhead to supply the aft head. Air conditioning circulation hose goes back that way as well. But other than that, wire conduits are higher up, basically just below the deck.

Cheers,

Mike Longcor

SV Trilogy SM23

NZ

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021, 12:30 PM Bill Kinney <cruisingconsulting@...> wrote:

Eric,

If I understand you correctly, your bulkheads were never actually water tight as delivered by Amel with open conduit going through? That seems... odd?  But boats are odd things...

The water lines do (of course) need to go through the bulkhead to the head sink, and the position of those varies through the production run, but all the ones I have seen were well sealed, and none (of the ones I have seen)  were at the outboard edge near the hull.

I haven't seen a majority of SM's by any means, but I have seen a fair number, and that this be a new one for me...

Live and learn...

I'd love to see pictures.

Bill