Re: Super Maramu No 29 of 1990 brand new drive unit

Helen and Kostas Yuvanidi

Hi Kent and Iris,

Thank you very much!!

Bill just sent me a file which has a plan for the alignment tool so we will definitely get one made. We had asked Maud for one but they no longer stock them.

I’m not sure what you mean about the threaded rod though….like a bolt but longer?

Best regards,
Helen and Kosta

On 21 Jul 2021, at 4:50 PM, karkauai via groups.io <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi Helen and Kosta,
I replaced Kristy's drive several years ago. It was straightforward.  If you don't have the alignment "tool" for aligning the engine with the drive, you should really have that.  It is basically a solid block (I had mine made of aluminum by a local machinist) the same thickness as the coupling with holes drilled as on the coupling.  You will also need high strength threaded rod with nuts on both ends to make the connection of coupling to drive and transmission.  Bolts were supplied by Amel...nearly impossible to install.

I'm working from memories several years old and my mind is no longer the steel trap it used to be, but I don't remember any other issues.

If you run into problems, please contact me directly at karkauai "at" yahoo "dot" com.  Maybe your question will jog a buried memory.

Good luck.

Kent & Iris
SM 243
Kristy