Re: Yanmar - Replacement Exhaust Elbow position

Dan Carlson

Thanks for the feedback Eric,

Structurally the hose is probably good for more years to come, but I'm having the cooling system serviced and while it's all disconnected I thought a new hose would be good. There is some corrosion in a few places where cracks in the hose have allowed air/moisture to corrode the wire inside the hose. And so the question is; if replacing, then why put such a tight bend back into the new hose.

Thanks and regards, Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe, SM #387

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021, 8:05 PM eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi Dan,

Mine has been at that angle for the last 19+ years with no problem. I did have a metal water lift muffler made as my plastic one melted down.  You can move the muffler a bit for and aft to find a sweet spot for the hose. I also I had them change the angle on the muffler input slightly to reduce the bend in the hose.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376