feathering props for a mango

Hank rose

My 28 year old max prop developed a crack in the body, discovered on a recent haulout. Never caused issues (when I owned it), but It is not repairable, so they say.
Any suggestions or experiences out there? Autostream said they do not make a model that fit my requirements. Considering now: Max prop, Variprop, and Autoprop.
Do I need a shaft brake for the Autoprop? hmm that would it make it more complicated.
I am planning to re-install a prop shaft mounted alternator again (as it came originally with that). Got all the hardware etc for it.
Hank
~take care~