Re: Cockpit door closing mechanism

Mark Garver

There are no springs as Bill stated. On ours we have a slide bolt at the top which we use mostly, we also have the black plastic nuts on the bar, however, the slide bolt is simply to deploy from the cockpit.

Best,

Mark Garver
S/V It’s Good

On Jul 22, 2021, at 1:31 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

There are no springs.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021, 10:58 AM EricOpdeweegh <sv.abayomi@...> wrote:
Amalians,
Could anyone send me some photos of the cockpit closure mechanism?
When you pull up the door with the bar I thought to remember that it falls into the slot without having to turn the black plastic nuts. Mine there is no springs anymore and we need to turn the black nuts until it sits tight
It seems our wooden bar is not working anymore as it should .
Assume we need some springs but have no idea how big.

Thanks for the ideas and photos

Best Regards and fair winds

Eric Opdeweegh
Sv Abayomi