Re: There is a spring on the companionway locking bar

EricOpdeweegh

Dear Eric,
Thank you very much for the photos, drawing and explanation.
This is what I was thinking to have seen on an other SM.
Will work on it.
Appreciate the effort

Fair winds
Eric
Sm158
Rotterdam

Op 23 jul. 2021 om 06:25 heeft eric freedman <kimberlite@...> het volgende geschreven:

On the inboard side of the companionway there are two threaded bolts sticking out of it.

Sitting on each bolt is a piece of stiff plastic tubing inside of a coil spring in the first photo attached .

The locking bar of the companionway sits on these bolts,

When you tighten the black knob, it compresses the spring .

The spring allows the bar to move inboard when the black knob is released.

Please excuse my poor drawing.

The bar fits into a depression on the companionway rails.

To make my life easier I fabricated a pair of nylon blocks that fit as door stops so the door always lines up with the slot in the rails. I also purchased a pair of levers that make opening and closing the door easier.

Fair Winds

ERIC

Kimberlite Amel SM 376

<20210722_233716.jpg>