Re: Blisters under Orange Boot Stripe

Do you know if this orange paint is the original orange paint and that nothing has been applied over the orange paint?

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 1:06 AM Gerhard Hoffmann <bluey@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm on the hard at the moment for bi-yearly maintenance and I've noticed that there are blisters on the orange boot stripe on the aft end of the boat.  The yard manager here thinks it's definitely not osmosis, it's a paint or gelcoat problem but they're not experts.  Maybe somebody else had this issue.  When I poked the little holes with a knife there is no moisture coming out.  The blisters were exposed when the polisher went over it with some fine sandpaper aftr he attempted to repair a couple of blister spots. Photos attached.

Does the barrier coat that Amel installs under the gelcoat also extend under the orange stripe?  Does anyone have experience on how to fix this issue?  Advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks..
Gerhard Hoffmann
Pepino SM381
On the hard near Kavala, Greece