Re: Blisters under Orange Boot Stripe

Gerhard Hoffmann

Around the area of the drain hole from the lazarette does not look the same as everywhere else.  It's a different colour orange and it also has little blisters.  So I don't know what's original.  I've had the boat since 2012 but it might have been done before.

That area does get very dirty and perhaps, as you suggested, it might be an over-enthusiasticpressure cleaner that has damaged it.

I assumethat it is not osmosis and do you know if the barrier coat under the gelcoat extends to that area?

How can it be repaired?  Can it be done in the next haul out in 2 years' time?

Thanks.

Gerhard Hoffmann
SM381 Pepino
Nea Peramos, Greece