Re: Blisters under Orange Boot Stripe

Beaute Olivier

Hello Gerhard (and Joel and Bill),

originally, the orange gel-coat is first sprayed, the the white gel-coat is sprayed (the whole hull), then the glass scales coat is applied, then the one-coat mat is applied, then only woven glass cloth.
As it's nice and shiny (except for the bubbles), I would say this orange stripe is not the original and has been re-painted with new gel-coat or polyurethane paint.
It is definitely no osmosis.
Sand off and re-paint.

Cheers.

Olivier

On Friday, July 23, 2021, 04:09:15 PM GMT+2, Gerhard Hoffmann <bluey@...> wrote:

Around the area of the drain hole from the lazarette does not look the same as everywhere else.  It's a different colour orange and it also has little blisters.  So I don't know what's original.  I've had the boat since 2012 but it might have been done before.

That area does get very dirty and perhaps, as you suggested, it might be an over-enthusiasticpressure cleaner that has damaged it.

I assumethat it is not osmosis and do you know if the barrier coat under the gelcoat extends to that area?

How can it be repaired?  Can it be done in the next haul out in 2 years' time?

Thanks.

Gerhard Hoffmann
SM381 Pepino
Nea Peramos, Greece