From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Bill Kinney
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:54 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Cockpit door closing mechanism

Eric,

You seem to have it backwards.  The only "springs" in the system hold the bar OUT away from the notches on the track in a position that allows the slide to fall under gravity as Micheal has pictured and described.

To hold it up you must tighten the hand wheels which compress the bar into the notches.  Some boats have replaced these wheels with cam levers that work well to hold the door up without all the spinning.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Brunswich, GA