From: CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jul 24, 2021 2:59 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Fuel Stick

The reason you should not is that your SM tank is made of 316 stainless steel. You will get dissimilar metal corrosion where the stick touches the tank...worse case is that the corrosion will penetrate the tank.

The above is not true with later model tanks beginning with the 54 that are made of aluminum.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 1:55 PM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I broke my plastic fuel stick , I am thinking about making one from aluminum bar stock. Is there any reason that would be a problem to use in the fuel tank ?
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans