Kind Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 25 July 2021 at 07:13 "Patrick McAneny via groups.io" <sailw32@...> wrote:

Bill , That is why I asked, I thought it may present a problem . I suppose I could cap the end or keep it out of the tank and store it elsewhere.
You may remember that I have been eating up my zincs faster than normal. You have said that the electric toilets are a source of electrical leak. Does that occur only when you run it ,have the switch on? Maybe I should email yo direct or put it a new thread.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
From: CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jul 24, 2021 2:59 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Fuel Stick

The reason you should not is that your SM tank is made of 316 stainless steel. You will get dissimilar metal corrosion where the stick touches the tank...worse case is that the corrosion will penetrate the tank.

The above is not true with later model tanks beginning with the 54 that are made of aluminum.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 1:55 PM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32= aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I broke my plastic fuel stick , I am thinking about making one from aluminum bar stock. Is there any reason that would be a problem to use in the fuel tank ?
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans