From: CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jul 24, 2021 3:36 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Fuel Stick

Pat,

I probably did not make myself clear regarding the electric toilets. I later model SMs and all models from the 54 onward, Amel installed a current leak detector (MASS). It is a small toggle switch and LED which will test for a connection between the house bank positive and Bonding as well as the house bank negative and bonding.

When a failure is indicated by the LED, it is almost always caused by a failed seal on the macerator pump on the toilet, unless of course if someone has made some change or addition to the wiring anywhere on the boat.

This is what it looks like on a 54:
image.png

Snippet from my book:
image.png

In your case without the Amel-designed testing device, I think you can do this to see if you have a leak...finding it will be another chapter...let me know.
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 2:13 PM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill , That is why I asked, I thought it may present a problem . I suppose I could cap the end or keep it out of the tank and store it elsewhere.
You may remember that I have been eating up my zincs faster than normal. You have said that the electric toilets are a source of electrical leak. Does that occur only when you run it ,have the switch on? Maybe I should email yo direct or put it a new thread.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans