Re: Fuel Stick

Bill Kinney

Pat,

Do not forget there is nothing magic about a flat dipstick.  A piece of 1/2” PVC pipe would serve as well, and be easy to mark. On the pricier side, you can order a piece of stainless bar stock of appropriate width, thickness, and length from online metals.  It would be a lot more tedious to drill level marker holes in the SS, but if you left it mill finished instead of polished it would be easy to see the liquid level and could likely get away with just “dimples” to mark the levels.

On my old boat the diesel dipstick was a wood dowel. I used wraps of wire to indicate 10 gallon divisions, and small notches to show finer divisions. Maybe a bit “ghetto” but it worked a treat for 15 years.

Bill Kinney
SM#160, Harmonie
Brunswick, GA

.