Leak on oil filter TMD22a

Herman Goverse

We have a Volvo Penta TMD22a with a ‘remote’ oil filter. In the engine an adaptor piece has been mounted from which the hoses run to the filter cartridge. We strongly suspect this square shaped adaptor piece to leak a signifant amount of oil. The mechanic here in Sardinia cannot get the piece from the engine block. It is either attached with liquid sealant or maybe an extra hidden bolt or something.

Does anyone here know how this piece is mounted and how it should come off?

(Posted on the Amel Facebook group as well, my apologies for double posting)

--
SY-Kolibri - SM #174